Saturday, January 4, 2014

Our Home

I've had a lot of requests to see pictures of our home here in Kentucky. John flew out here first to work while I stayed in Utah to sell our American Fork house.  I never actually went house hunting with him. He went with a realtor to see A LOT of houses and found this one before I came out.  A lot of people were surprised that I let him choose our house but we both felt good about this one.  It's in a cute neighborhood on about half an acre.





We have done a lot of painting.  The front door and shutters were shiny forest green so I could hardly wait to paint them black.  We are still working on landscaping and such.  John built this brick wall in the front.





The backyard was a complete slope so John flattened part of it to put our swing set.




The walls inside were all very peach so we picked more of a khaki color and darker in the dining room. We also painted the inside of the exterior doors matte black.





John is probably cursing Pinterest by now for all the little projects I make him do. I made John put faux wainscoting in the dining room. I think it turned out really nice and he did a great job!



We are also finishing the "attic" upstairs.  There will be 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, storage area, and a large living area (all wired for surround sound of course).


Here is the shower John tiled.



I will post pics of the upstairs when it is done.

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to come try out the new upstairs and the new 60 inch plasma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will come visit you someday. Well we hope to! Such a pretty home. :)

    ReplyDelete